Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Celebrities Really Are Human!

After spending one week with,
Lexis Bill
FNB Stadium - Soccer City, Johannesburg

Juliet Ibrahim
Boardwalk Hotel, Port Elizabeth

OC Ukeje

AMAA 2015, Boardwalk Hotel, Port Elizabeth

in South Africa, that's the conclusion I came to.
No, I didn't cut any of them with a knife (fortunately), but I'm sure if I had, it would have been blood that would have flowed, same kind and colour that flows out of me anytime I get a cut.

When I say I spent one week with them, I mean I lived with them for a whole week. It wasn't about doing a couple of photo shoots, which they are well preped for, or doing a couple of celeb appearances, which are very well controlled, no. It was about me seeing them happy, sad, excited, bored, reassured, scared, brave, cowardly (chicken), and if I just loved them from a distance as celebrities, now, I am in love with them as humans.

Honestly, as a rule, I dislike all celebrities. I feel they are all obnoxious, standoffish, unapproachable and full of themselves. Thing is, I never knew any celebrity personally, but this was the opinion I had formed of all of them. Right now, I have been proven wrong, and I bet so would you, yeah, I know I am not the only one with this opinion.

No, you may not have the opportunity to spend a week with any celebrity, or be at the Standard Bank Joy of Jazz with celebrities, or be at the Africa Movie Academy Awards with a celeb or two, but till then, how about you stay away from generalisations and prejudices? How about you keep an open mind until you get to know any of them? How about you judge based on your experiences and not based on the claimed experiences of others?

Me, thanks to South Africa Tourism, and Joy FM, my opinion has changed, and I look forward to meeting countless other celebrities.
As a matter of fact, not only are they human, but they are way too cool!

5 comments:

  1. I don't know any personally..my general option of them however is that, most of what they put out there is not completely the same with how they are at home or with family n close friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being with them up close, in situations they couldn't help but be themselves, they really are regular people, and these 3 I met, are just too cool.

      Delete
  2. Well, I personally see every celebrity as a two face impersonater; think about it, couldn't it be that they "performed or acted" as regular people because you were there with them, after all they are performers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, they could've acted only for so long. Looking at the situations we found ourselves in, they really couldn't have been putting up an act the whole time.

      Delete

Saved (Twice)

Sometime in 2018, I was heading to work when I heard this knocking sound. It was coming from my car but I couldn't tell which part of th...