Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Kwaku Doe - Late Nights & Holidays?

Happy New Year!
It's been a while since my last blog post and there is a reason. Of course I will talk about this reason soon, probably in my next couple of posts.

It just makes sense that I start this year with Kwaku Doe as he was my focus last year. Well, I didn't exactly intend to start with him cos I got other stuff from last year I wanted to blog about, but never got round to doing so cos of the reason I mentioned earlier (new year resolution: drop the long winding sentences #workingonthat).

So, it's January 2nd and I'm heading out with a friend. We get to Kwaku Doe's spot and there he is. My first thought, "holidays too"? Plus it was kinda late in the day (like 6pm). Of course I asked him what he was doing there on a holiday and that late and he motions towards his stomach and says "I'm hungry I need money".

Yes, I wanted to give him something. No, I wasn't prepared to part with anything other than coins (I had no coins). I asked my friend if she had some coins and she said no. I tell Kwaku maybe another time only to hear coins jingling in my friend's purse. Her excuse for lying to me, she would rather give her money to a blind beggar than to this Kwaku Doe person (she's been reading up on my blog).

smh. Some people just don't get my Kwaku Doe interest. On our way back at about 8pm, Kwaku was still at work. Guess the holidays were kinda slow for him.

I have kinda been ignoring him lately but who knows? We'll see what 2012 brings up.

Hope y'all had a wonderful holiday season and welcome to 2012.

2 comments:

  1. I happened to encounter this Kwaku Doe character thrice during my rounds at Cedi House. The guy has guts! He was practically knocking on my rolled-up windows. That's what pissed me off.

    You know me. I ignored the guy like he was invisible. He is able-bodied as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6pm in the evening ?? haba!!! KwaKu but why? lol Guess its time he got something to do..Man shall not live by coins alone! HAppy New Year!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Saved (Twice)

Sometime in 2018, I was heading to work when I heard this knocking sound. It was coming from my car but I couldn't tell which part of th...