Monday, March 19, 2012

What Does This Camera Do?

That title was totally inspired by Deedee. You remember Deedee from the cartoon Dexter's Lab? Remember how she'd creep up on Dexter and go like "what does this button do" but then she wouldn't wait for an answer but just go right ahead and press it anyways lol.

So, there's this traffic camera at the Ministries traffic light. Turns out it's been there for ages (I should explore my city more. A different route each day wouldn't be a bad idea).

This is a traffic camera right?
First time I saw it, I honestly was in awe cos I dint know we had traffic cameras in Ghana. So, as curious as Deedee always is, I asked myself, "what does this camera do?" Now, how was I gon find out? Yep, you got that right, I jumped the red light over there. This was somewhere in October last year. Why's it taken me this long to blog about it? Well, I just had to be sure nothing was gon happen (you know how finding people in Gh can be even when, especially when you got their street names and house numbers).

It's been 5 months and no cops have showed up at my front door. I guess it's safe to say I got away with that traffic offence, unless of course the camera is there for another purpose (maybe catch pick pockets or something).

8 comments:

  1. It could be streaming live video to a website somewhere of things people do whilst in traffic. Careful next time you azonto in your car whilst waiting for that light to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Efua Dentaa, my name is the DNW and I work for the Gh Traffic Dept and now that we have your verbal, sorry blogged confession, I will be issuing you with a ticket for committing a traffic offense! Lovl!

    However, for stopping by my blog....perhaps I let you off with a warning this time *wink wink*

    Nice fresh blog......Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha... you totally cracked me up with that one.
      Thanks, do come by again :)

      Delete
  3. Hahahahaha You were waiting for the cops but they didn't show up.Nice! I thought stuffs like that happen only in Nigeria! Nonchalance isn't a good attribute of a government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... Trust me, a whole lot happens in Ghana too.

      Delete
  4. ℓ☺ℓ !! The authorities would be contacting U̶̲̥̅̊ immediately after U̶̲̥̅̊ read this comment.

    That was really so deedee action there.

    ReplyDelete

Saved (Twice)

Sometime in 2018, I was heading to work when I heard this knocking sound. It was coming from my car but I couldn't tell which part of th...