Thursday, January 09, 2014

Automated Fish Dispenser (AFD)

Yeah, I had that look on my face too first time I saw it (the look that says what the ... is an AFD).
Well, this is it:

Painting is on a wall in Jamestown
It took a couple of seconds for me to realise it was just a painting by someone with an incredible imagination and more than enough time on their hands.

The writings are not legible in the picture. Will type it out here (not sure if zoom in is available on my blog).

There are three AFD's. One is for Salmon, the other for Tuna and the last for Red Fish.
The instructions are written between the Salmon and Tuna AFD.

Instructions
  • All Automated Fish Dispensers accept voice and manual input.
  • All machines accept debit cards from all local banks and international ones.
  • Fish is not dispensed on Tuesdays.
Beneath the Tuna AFD is written *GO INSIDE FOR LARGER TUNA

Beneath the Red Fish AFD is written *GO TO THE FISHMONGER COUNTERS FOR FISH LONGER THAN 10 CM

I haven't edited any of the language in my blog. All I've written is as it appears on the wall. Person that put this up speaks impeccable English too (or was helped by someone who does).

See this on my way to work most days and it always puts a smile on my face, regardless that I've seen it so many times.

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! My first thought was that the building behind is the fishmonger, and there's someone behind the AFDs waiting to plunk the orders out through a hole somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaahahaha... (now you got me in stitches and almost rolling on the ground).
      Who has the incredible imagination now?

      Delete
  2. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. tarpon fly fish

    ReplyDelete

Saved (Twice)

Sometime in 2018, I was heading to work when I heard this knocking sound. It was coming from my car but I couldn't tell which part of th...