Friday, January 31, 2014

More Updates (Shoprite)

Shoprite in the Oxford Street Mall has completed its attempt to do something about its fly problem. The plastic sheets covering the refrigerated shelves have been pulled down (that really did look awkward and I'm guessing was awkward for shoppers too) and the flies really are just roaming free (on the fruits, veges, in your face, etc.).

Shopping there really just makes me feel like I'm in some local open space market with flies flying on the food and in your face. Maybe that's the kind of feel Shoprite wants its shoppers to have (we are in Ghana after all). Well then in that case, feeling more than achieved (they just need a dumpster next to some of the food, maybe an open gutter too) and I'll complain till I'm blue in the face (not sure that's possible, I'm African and got skin to show for that) and nothing really will be done about it.

Thinking up a copy line for Shoprite (they just might need a different one for their Ghana shops). That should make sense, I'm supposed to have a Master's Degree in PR and Advertising (though the advertising bit seems to have fallen away somewhere. that's what happens when you don't practice what you learnt).

So here goes (after completing school how many years ago and not doing anything advertising related since)... Drum roll...
"Low prices, a local feel, the Shoprite way"
And I'm thinking for the television and print ads, when the "a local feel" bit comes up, pictures of flies and roaches can be shown. For the radio ad, the sound of flies and roaches can be played. Of course no one knows what the fly or the roach says, but if someone was able to figure out what the fox says, well, we can come up with what the roach and the fly say too.

So? Do I have a shot in the advertising industry?
If not, in my defense, I wasn't given a brief, "tweaa".

4 comments:

  1. What did shoprite ever do to you? !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spare the rod, spoil the child. This child and rotten aren't too far apart.

      Delete
  2. So i was readint this post today about some #Gh movie - Kiss me if you can!
    http://thekushchronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/good-product-bad-thinking-focus-on.html
    Looool! You guys have gone hardcore now uh?! Worse than Nollywood, i see!!! LMAO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll add another LMAO!!!! to yours. I am ... to say I have watched the movie and what I think of it? Well, let's just say I'll stick to Shoprite and let someone else handle the Gh movie scene (less work for me, believe me).

      Delete

Saved (Twice)

Sometime in 2018, I was heading to work when I heard this knocking sound. It was coming from my car but I couldn't tell which part of th...